1. How do I apply for a MedMaxFinance Account?
: For an instant response, you can apply online at
. You can also apply by telephone by calling us at (855)
, or mail your paper application to Post Office Box 5148, Clearwater
2. How can I check on the status of my MedMaxFinance Account?
Answer 2: An instant response will be provided to all applicants
who apply for a MedMaxFinance Account online. If you are applying by telephone, a response
will be provided to you by one of our Credit Analyst after the application has been
processed. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for all applications received by mail.
All determination results are mailed to applicants. However, you can contact MedMaxFinance
at (855) 533-5200 at any time to obtain an update on the status
of your application.
3. My application is in Pending status. How do I get my Account approved?
- If you are an applicant under 21 years of age, MedMaxFinance cannot approve your Account until additional information is provided :
- Permission to contact your employer
- List of any previous employers not including the one listed on your application
- A copy of your latest Check Stub
- If you are an applicant who is self-employed, a copy of your the latest tax return
4. What is the MedMaxFinance interest rate (APR)?
: MedMaxFinance provides a 0%
for the first 180 days after each transaction that is added to
your account. After that, a low annual APR
per year on any amount that remains
unpaid after each transaction’s initial 180-day period. Select your provider on the
page for further details.
5. Does the MedMaxFinance Account have an annual membership fee?
Answer 5: Yes, the annual membership fee is $25.00.
6. How is my MedMaxFinance limit determined?
Answer 6: Your MedMaxFinance limit is based upon your report
of your current household income, the source of that income compared to the Federal
Poverty Guidelines. The maximum limit allowable is $25,000.
7. When can I expect to receive my MedMaxFinance approval letter?
Answer 7: If approved, you will receive your MedMaxFinance Account Welcome Packet within 7 to 10 business days.
8. If I choose not to utilize my MedMaxFinance Account for a period and carry no
outstanding balance, will my account be closed?
Answer 8: If your Account is paid in full with a zero balance
and you would like to close your Account, you must contact us in writing or by telephone.
Otherwise, even if the Account is not being used, it will remain open and the Annual
Membership Fee will be charged every year on the anniversary date of opening your
9. How can I reach a MedMaxFinance representative?
Answer 9: A MedMaxFinance Analyst can be reached at (855) 533-5200,
Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time.
1. What if my MedMaxFinance approved limit is less than my medical bills?
Answer 1: You can request a review of your limit by contacting a MedMaxFinance Analyst at (855) 533-5200.
2. What should I do if I do not receive my MedMaxFinance Billing Statement in the mail?
Answer 2: Contact a MedMaxFinance Analyst immediately at (855) 533-5200, to confirm your current address information.
You can always view a copy of your current Billing Statement, as well as your overall Billing Statement history, on the MedMaxFinance web page.
ADDING AN AUTHORIZED USER
1. How can I add an authorized user to my MedMaxFinance Account?
: You can add authorized users online by visiting our website www.MedMaxFinance.com
, or you can call us at (855) 533-5200
Please remember to send the Authorization to use or disclose Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
signed by the Authorized User before adding any charges to your account.
ADDING NEW CHARGES
1. How can I add new charges to my MedMaxFinance Account?
: You can add new charges online by visiting our website www.MedMaxFinance.com
, you can also call us at (855) 533-5200
or visit the facility where the service was provided. Please have the following information ready:
- Service Facility Name
- Patient Account Number
- Service Date
- Billing Amount
2. Does MedMaxFinance charge a fee if I exceed my limit?
: MedMaxFinance will not charge a fee for over-the-limit balances.
All fees associated with your MedMaxFinance Account are outlined in your MedMaxFinance Cardholder Agreement
3. Why did MedMaxFinance deny some of my medical billing charges?
Answer 3: If some of your medical billing charges were denied by MedMaxFinance, please contact a Credit Analyst at (855) 533-5200.
4. Can I dispute a charge if I think my Billing Statement is incorrect?
: Yes, but we must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first Billing Statement in which the error or problem appeared.
Do not write on the Billing Statement. Please write a separate letter including, (you may telephone your inquiry but by doing so, you will not preserve your rights under The Federal truth in Lending act)
the following information:
- Account Information — Your MedMaxFinance card number and your name as it appears on your card.
- Transaction Code: Listed on your Billing Statement
- Charge Amount — The amount of the charge that you believe is a discrepancy.
- Description of Discrepancy — Describe why you believe the charge you are challenging is a discrepancy.
1. What are my payment options with the MedMaxFinance Account?
: MedMaxFinance accepts check, debit card, wire transfer, or money order payments, cash payments are also accepted, but are not recommended.
Payments are to be made by the Payment Due Date specified on your monthly Billing Statement, and can be initiated either online at www.MedMaxFinance.com
by telephone with one of our Analysts at no additional charge at (855) 533-5200
, or you can mail your payment to Post Office Box 5148, Clearwater Fl. 33758
No credit cards please!
2. How is interest accrued on my account balance?
: Please refer to MedMaxFinance Cardholder Agreement
for an explanation on how interest is accrued on your account balance.
3. How does MedMaxFinance calculate my monthly minimum payment?
: Please refer to MedMaxFinance Cardholder Agreement
for an explanation on how your minimum payment is calculated.
4. What is MedMaxFinance's late payment policy?
: Late payments will be subject to a fee as outlined in your MedMaxFinance Cardholder Agreement
5. Can I make a payment on my MedMaxFinance Account at a medical provider’s office?
Answer 5: No. All payments need to be sent to MedMaxFinance. See back of your monthly Billing Statement for instructions on how to submit your payment.
6. How can I reach a MedMaxFinance representative to discuss other account charges or payment issues?
Answer 6: A MedMaxFinance Analyst can be reached at (855) 533-5200, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time.
1. How can I register for online account access?
: By visiting the MedMaxFinance.com website, existing cardholders can register for online account access. To register the cardholder will need the following information:
- MedMaxFinance account number
- Cardholder First and Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Ssecurity Number
- Email address
2. Can I manage my MedMaxFinance account online?
: Yes, once you have completed the registration process you can access your account online. From the website, you will be able to:
- Add new medical charges by patient account number
- Manage your account online
- Pay your bill online
- Print Billing Statements
- View a summary of account activity
- Add an authorized user
3. Can I use my bank account information to pay my MedMaxFinance Billing Statement?
Answer 3: Yes, we accept online payments from either your bank institution (wire transfer) or through your debit card. MedMaxFinance does not accept major credit cards.
4. Can I change personal information, such as my address, telephone number and e-mail address, on my account through the MedMaxFinance web page?
Answer 4: Yes, however, you will need to register your account on the MedMaxFinance web page first.